Landry's First Trip to the Dentist
I had great intentions of taking Landry to the dentist when she was about 18 months old but it just didn't happen. I made an appt shortly after her 2nd birthday and we went to Dr. Watters who was highly recommended. Her staff and office was so kid friendly that I immediately felt very comfortable with taking her there. Mike is very good about trying to make those milestone appointments and of course, he was there to help me through it with her.
We had no idea what to expect and despite what the pictures are saying, she did very well. The first thing they did to win her heart was to give her the choice of a DORA or Diego toothbrush. Instant friends, I tell you! She got to see all of the cleaning instruments before they used them on her. She wasn't overly thrilled about it but she immediatly recovered and was as happy as a clam. She got to pick two things from the treasure box and ended up charming everyone in the office. I hope she will get more comfortable in the coming years with her visits. She learned that getting her teeth cleaned didn't hurt and that she gets prizes for being a good girl. The best part was that she had no problems and the dentist said she her teeth looked great.






0 comments:
Post a Comment